This has to be an ultimate childhood favourite.
1 tsp ground cinnamon
140 g brown sugar
2 overripe bananas, mashed
130 ml milk
2 eggs, lightly whisked
50g butter, melted, cooled
50 g walnut pieces (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Brush a medium sized loaf tin with softened butter.
- Line the base with non stick baking paper.
- Sift the flour and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- Add the sugar and make a well in the centre.
- Place the milk, eggs, melted butter and banana in a jug and stir until well combined.
- Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Then add the walnuts or any other nuts if using and combine carefully.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and set aside in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.