Quick and easy, simple combination that packs out flavour!
100 g basil leaves
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp roasted pine nuts
125 ml extra virgin olive oil
125 ml sunflower or peanut oil
50g grated Parmesan
Salt and pepper
- Blanch the basil leaves – place in boiling water for 20 seconds and then plunge into ice-cold water
- Remove the basil leaves and squeeze excess water out
- Liquidise all ingredients until smooth
- Adjust with the seasoning
- Refrigerate and use when required
NB: The Blanching of the basil with set the green chlorophyll. The basil pesto will last up to 2 weeks with a vibrant green colour.