A deliciously scrumptious snack that has an incredible balance of spices and fruitiness.
4 onions, sliced
20g Vegetable Oil
1 Lemon (Juiced)
2 cloves garlic
1 knob Ginger
150g Gram flour
½ tsp Tumeric
1 ½ tsp Chat Masala
1 tsp Salt
½ tsp Chilli powder
½ tsp Cinnamon powder
1 tsp Cumin powder
1 tsp Corriander powder
1 tsp Fenugreek powder
- Place the vegetable oil into a non-stick pan.
- When the oil is hot, add the onions and toss for 2 minutes.
- Then add 1 pinch of all the spices evenly from the batter ingredients.
- Now add all the garlic and ginger and stir together.
- Add the lemon juice and finally stir.
- Now just remove the pan from the stove and allow to cool.
- To make the batter, pass the gram flour through a sieve.
- Then whisk the water and the rest of the spices together with the flour.
- Finally batter the onion in clumps, deep fry for under 2 – 4 minutes at 180c until crisp and golden.
- Before serving add lemon juice
Sweet Curry Sauce
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
1 knob ginger, finely chopped
½ tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
½ tsp turmeric
1 tsp madras curry powder
½ tsp chilli powder
1 tsp salt
½ tp cinnamon powder
4 cardamom pods
2 tbsp sour cream
2 tbsp sultanas finely chopped
½ tsp paprika
½ handful fresh chopped coriander
- Place oil into a thick-based pan.
- When hot add onions and stir until light brown.
- Now add the ginger and garlic and stir for a further 5 minutes(don’t burn).
- Then add the tomatoes and stir for another 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients, and slowly stir in the water. Simmer on a medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Finally add the sour cream, and fresh coriander.