You either love this or hate it, I seem to love it!
250 g Jasmine rice
400 ml coconut milk
80 g caster sugar
1 vanilla pod, slit in half lengthways
2-3 tbsp desiccated coconut
150 ml double cream
1 Handful pistachio nuts, chopped
1 lime, for zesting
- Put the rice, coconut milk, sugar with split and vanilla pod into a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer stirring frequently, then cover the pan and cook for about 15 – 20 minutes until the rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast the coconut in a dry frying pan over a medium heat until golden brown, shaking the pan frequently.
- Tip onto a plate and leave to cool.
- When the rice is ready, remove the pan from the heat and remove the vanilla pod. Stir in the toasted coconut and double cream until evenly combined.
- Cover again and allow to stand for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the rice pudding between serving bowls, scatter the chopped pistachios on top. Lightly grate over some lime zest and serve.