The picture says a thousand words!
Makes 6 – 10 depending on the mould being used.
200 g 55 % chocolate
200 g unsalted butter
2 egg yolks
160 g icing sugar
24 g cocoa powder
100 g flour
5 g baking powder
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a ‘bain-marie’.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the eggs gradually.
- Sieve icing sugar, cocoa powder and flour together and incorporate into the chocolate and egg mixture.
- Place in the fridge until mixture sets.
- You can use the metal tian rings or cocottes to bake the fondants.
- Chill the moulds in the fridge and then coat them with soft butter.
- Chill again to set the butter and then repeat – this time dust the soft butter with some cocoa powder. This will give you two linings of butter to help the fondants rise.
- Half fill the moulds with the fondant (allowing for rising) and then bake for 8-12 minutes at 190°C.
- This is a sponge mixture – the end result should remain liquid in the centre.