Make a large one of several small one if you wish!
60g unsalted butter – softened
40g icing sugar – sieved
1 egg yolk
125g plain flour
1 tbsp water
- In a large bowl, mix together the icing sugar and egg yolk and then add the creamed butter to give a smooth appearance.
- Add the flour to the butter mixture and rub together using your fingertips until it becomes sandy in texture.
- Add the water, then mix and press together.
- Lightly flour your work surface and place the dough on it. Knead with the palms of your hands until it is well blended, more vigorously for the last few seconds.
- Wrap in cling film and refrigerate.
Milk tart filling
2 tbsp corn-flour
2 tbsp flour
1 vanilla pod, cut length ways and deseeded
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp cinnamon
- In a saucepan, bring the milk to a boil and infuse with the vanilla pod.
- Beat the eggs and add the sugar, flour and corn-flour.
- Combine well.
- Pour the boiling milk into the egg mixture and whisk constantly.
- Return to stove and whisk constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Add the butter.
- Remove the vanilla pod and pour into the cooked shell.
- Decorate with a sprinkle of cinnamon & fresh fruit.