Quick, simple and great for a quick sugar fix!
Makes 30 biscuits
500 g butter, softened
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
2/3 cup corn flour
1 tsp baking powder
440 g cake flour
1 tsp almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Grease and line two baking sheets.
- Cream the butter in a stand mixer with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the corn flour, baking powder, cake flour and almond extract to form a soft dough – add a little more flour if necessary.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll out to ½ cm thick and cut out 5cm circles using a cookie cutter.
- Using a plain tip icing nozzle or wooden skewer, make two holes in the ‘buttons’ then place on the prepared baking sheets. Refrigerate for another 30 minutes before baking in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool thoroughly.