What a great combination, Almond, chocolate & orange.
230g plain flour
60 g cocoa powder
½ tsp baking powder
260 g caster sugar
4 large eggs, beaten
240 g almond nuts, chopped
100 g cranberries, chopped
1 orange, finely zested
- Pre-heat your oven to 140°C
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Place the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and sugar together in a mixing bowl
- Stir in the beaten eggs, a little at a time, making sure each addition is incorporated before adding the next
- Continue until you have a firm dough; it may not be necessary to add all of the egg.
NB: The dough shouldn’t be at all sticky.
- Add the almonds and the cranberries to the biscotti dough with the orange zest and combine using your hands
- Turn the biscotti dough out onto a floured surface and knead gently, then divide in half
- Roll each piece of dough into a long log, about 4cm in diameter
- Place both logs on your lined baking tray, spacing them at least 5cm apart as the mixture will spread a bit
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Leave the logs to cool on the tray for 10 minutes to allow the dough to firm up slightly, then transfer to a board
- Cut the logs, on the diagonal, into 2-3cm thick slices
- Place the slices, cut side up, on the baking tray
- Return to the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until the biscotti are dry through to the centre, turning them over halfway through
- Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely