Extravagance with a dash of time curing = perfection!
1 side salmon, approximately 2kg
250 g brown sugar.
250 g sea salt
20 g dill, chopped
Zest of two lemons
- Mix all the ingredients together, brown sugar, sea salt, dill, lemon zest and cognac.
- Place the salmon in a deep lipped tray
- Spread the salt and sugar mixture evenly over the salmon
- Cover with cling wrap and leave in the fridge overnight
- After a maximum of 24 hours wash the salmon under cold water and pat dry ready for making Gradvlax
1 side Marinated side of Norwegian Salmon, washed
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 bunch Dill
- Brush the mustard over the flesh side of the salmon only
- Chop the dill finely
- Sprinkle the dill over the mustard and press down lightly, covering evenly
- Wrap in cling film and chill for an hour before slicing